date extended until Thursday 8 December, join the Triple F Challenge on 28, 29 & 30 April 2017. The theme is “Fitness, Fun and Friendship"
"Ride it – walk it – experience it” 152kms, the world renowned Otago Central Rail Trail.
- Cycle Group 37 kms Clyde to Omakau
- Walking Group - Clyde - a short walk, then Galloway to Chatto Creek 13 kms
- Registration & Morning Tea (Dunstan RWNZ) at Clyde from 10.15am for 11.00 departure
- Lunch at Galloway (Cromwell RWNZ) from Noon, Dinner at the Becks Community Hall, Harold and a team from Life Education will join us,
- Guest Speaker: Linda Taylor on the recently launched ‘Empower’ programme, which teaches kids about food and nutrition; how to grow, harvest, prepare & share good food. Empower is a collaborative effort between Life Education and Garden to Table. Linda is Executive Officer of Garden to Table.
Accommodation Omakau/Lauder & Becks:
- Omakau Commercial Hotel – 20+ people approx. A variety of room configurations available $79.50 p/p average
- Omakau Accommodation – 15 people approx. A variety of room configurations available $73.50 p/p average
- Wilson’s House & Killarney Cottage Can sleep up to 6 people at each venue. A variety of room configurations available $72.50 p/p
- Tiger Hill Lodge – 8 people A variety of room configurations available $85.00 p/p Reserved
- Lauder Store Accommodation – can sleep up to 14 people, A variety of room configurations available $70.00 p/p
- Lauder School B & B – 20 people approx. A variety of room configurations available $70.00 p/p average
- Becks Hotel – 4 people, Two double rooms $50.00 p/p
- 9.30am Leaving Omakau - Cycle 55 kms to Ranfurly - Walk 11 kms Lauder to Auripo
- Lunch at Oturehua Hall – (Cambrian/St Bathans RWNZ)
- Dinner & Curling at International Curling Rink Naseby at 6.00pm with Farmlands Co-operative.
- Ranfurly Hotel – 28 people approx. A variety of room configurations available $70.00 p/p average
- Hawkdun Lodge – 26 people approx. A variety of room configurations available $75.00 p/p
- Ranfurly Holiday Park – 22 people approx. A variety of room configurations available $52.00 p/p average
- Ranfurly Motels – 18 people approx. A variety of room configurations available $59.00 p/p average
- 9.00am Departure - Cycle 60 kms Ranfurly to Middlemarch
- Walk 11 kms Daisybank to Hyde
- Lunch at Hyde Hall – (Maniototo RWNZ)
- Farewell ‘Pool Party’ – the Afternoon Cuppa & Nibbles at end of Trail will be at the Middlemarch Swimming Pool hosted by local Swimming Club.
- Non Members, Husbands, Partners & Families - ALL WELCOME
Note: All accommodation includes continental breakfast.
- Funds will be raised throughout the Event for the Life Education Trust (NZ)
- Please note that you are personally responsible for hiring of bike and getting to Clyde by 10.15 am on 28th April & away from Middlemarch on 30th April.
- There will be limited luggage facilities available for transportation between places of accommodation with the “back up crew”. Luggage must be well named & destination clearly marked for each stop over. However, we appreciate those who are able to make their own arrangements.